    SubjectRe: "ide=reverse" do we still need this?
    On 13-02-08 01:15, Greg KH wrote:

    > I'm reworking the pci device list logic (we currently keep all PCI
    > devices in 2 lists, which isn't the nicest, we should be able to get
    > away with only 1 list.)
    > The only bother I've found so far is the pci_get_device_reverse()
    > function, it's used in 2 places, IDE and the calgary driver.
    > I'm curious if we really still support the ide=reverse option? It's a
    > config option that I don't think the distros still enable (SuSE does
    > not). Is this still needed these days?
    > In digging, we changed this option in 2.2.x from being called
    > "pci=reverse" and no one else seems to miss it.
    > Any thoughts?

    While details escape me somewhat again at the monment, a few months ago I
    was playing around with a PCI Promise IDE controller and needed ide=reverse
    to save me from having to switch disks around to still have a bootable system.

    Or some such. Not too clear anymore, but I remember it saved the day.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-02-13 02:41    [W:0.024 / U:2.096 seconds]