SubjectRe: Announce: Linux-next (Or Andrew's dream :-))
From
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:31:10 -0800 (PST)

> You don't see the problems as much, because you merge probably only
> about a tenth of the volume I merge, and you can keep track of the
> subsystem more.

Good point.

Now how do I remove a bogus commit for a tree that I've already pushed
out and published for other people, without any record of it appearing
in the GIT tree any more?

How do I insert build fixes into existing changesets so that the tree
is more bisectable?

If Jeff merged in a tree that introduced a ton of whitespace errors
git is complaing about, is there a way I can fixup that changeset
in-place? (or should I tell Jeff to start adhering to GIT's whitespace
warning messages when he applies patches?)

Those are basically the major operations that would allow me to
seriously consider rebasing a ton less often.

  Last update: 2008-02-13 02:41    [W:0.255 / U:0.460 seconds]