SubjectRe: BTRFS partition usage...
From
From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@computergmbh.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:39:16 +0100 (CET)

> On the other hand, the H and S of CHS could be lowered and S increased,
> e.g. divide H by 2, divide S by 2, multiply S by 4. This gives a finer
> bytes/cylinder granularity.

That's really not an option when you only have 16-bits in the disk
label for some of these values, which is the case for Sun disk
labels and some others (f.e. BSD).

Jan, please get past this, it's a real issue and we therefore have to
skip the initial 1K or so in order to provide something even
approaching sane.

No modern filesystem should put it's superblock at position zero.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans