    SubjectRe: Announce: Linux-next (Or Andrew's dream :-))
    On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 09:08:08PM +0000, Al Viro wrote:
    > On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 12:50:51PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
    >
    > > I can run the numbers, but almost every one of those changes has at
    > > least 2 signed-off-by: on them, so they should all be being reviewed
    > > properly.
    > >
    > > > AFAICS, we are in situation when review bandwidth is where the bottleneck
    > > > is. Not the merge one...
    > >
    > > Are there still large numbers of posted patches, not reviewed or picked
    > > up by anyone laying around somewhere? I thought Andrew-the-patch-vacuum
    > > had been doing a great job of keeping that from happening lately.
    >
    > Er... Surely you can think of examples of patches that went through
    > -mm without serious review? Not to mention that 2 S-o-B normally
    > means only one thing: "went to Linus through some tree". Which does
    > not guarantee any real review, as you damn well know.

    Yes, I agree, there are lots of examples of this, but the overall
    majority are reviewed by 2 people at least (or sure as hell should be,
    maybe we need to bring into existance the "reviewed-by" marking to
    ensure this.)

    Do you know of a way to help this get better?

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2008-02-12 22:25    [W:0.019 / U:29.740 seconds]