    SubjectRe: [HW PROBLEM] Intel I7 MCE. Erratum or not?
    As I said in a previous post, the boot option mce=nobootlog solved the
    problem at least from live-system point of view. About the problem at
    rebooting/halting time(reboot enters a cycle, halt gives an mce), do
    you have any suggestion? It seems like my bios is already the most
    recent version available(F3). My motherboard is a Gigabyte

    On 12/8/08, Hidetoshi Seto <> wrote:
    > Andi Kleen wrote:
    >> The weird thing is that 301 seconds is quite a long delay for that.
    >> It should happen relatively quickly at boot as the CPUs are initialized.
    > Indeed.
    >> When it happens consistently at each boot then yes it's likely something
    >> leaking from the BIOS initialization sequence. Perhaps try a BIOS update?
    > I'm not sure but is it make sense if SMI causes an error and dropped MCE
    > exception without clearing error record?
    > Thanks,
    > H.Seto

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-12-08 11:57    [W:0.040 / U:5.600 seconds]