Subjectkprintk patch and OSS Message Pedia
Hello Mr. Martin schwidefsky,
I expect your patch will be merged into the kernel tree soon.
My friends and I have been working for providing a kernel
message online manual called "OSS Message Pedia" (mPedia) in
Japan.
I’d like to introduce mPedia briefly here because the kprintk
patch will affect our mPedia activities in Japan.

Development of OSS Message Pedia was partly supported by IPA
(Information-Technology Promotion Agency) Japan and it has
been opened to the public.
mPedia has internationalization function inside but currently
it has only Japanese contents except some sample English contents.
For example, you can find English contents with the following URL:

http://ossmpedia.org/messages/linux/2.6.9-34.EL/297.en

(You can change the tag 'languages' to "ja" to get Japanese
contents.)

Also you can find some English documentation about mPedia by
visiting the following URL:

http://ossmpedia.wiki.sourceforge.net/

We hope we could have some contribution to the kernel messaging
with the mPedia activities in Japan. Though we don't have a
particular solution about how to tie-up the kernel messaging at
this moment, we think some difficulties in the mPedia maintenance
and enhancements could be reduced with the kprintk patch.

(1) We have about 850 kernel message explanation contents in
Japanese. The each content includes meaning, actions, etc.

(2) We're now considering how to translate Japanese contents
into English. (No bright idea came yet.)

We appreciate your efforts for improving kernel messaging and
the patch integration.

(I added "server-messagedb-tf@ipa.go.jp" in CC.)

Thank you.

Best Regards,