    SubjectRe: [PROBLEM] Hw problem or software bug? DMA: Out of SW-IOMMU space....
    On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Robert Hancock <hancockr@shaw.ca> wrote:

    > Seems like you have lots of disks, it could be you just have too much IO in
    > flight at the same time for the size of the IOMMU area. You might be able to
    > avoid that by increasing the SW-IOMMU size.
    >
    > However, your system should be AHCI capable, you should try to switch the
    > SATA controller into that mode in the BIOS (possibly labelled RAID mode or
    > something). Then it shouldn't need to use bounce buffers for disk access in
    > the first place (plus give you NCQ support).

    I've done what you said, now is there anything I can do to see if the
    problem is solved? Use some program which produces a lot of IO? Is
    there any suggested IO stress test available?

      Last update: 2008-12-07 22:41    [W:0.021 / U:4.388 seconds]