    Subject[HW PROBLEM] Intel I7 MCE. Erratum or not?
    Hi everyone,
    Mcelog just logged on my new Intel I7 920 (on Linux 2.6.27.8) this :
    MCE 0
    HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software problem!
    Please contact your hardware vendor
    CPU 0 BANK 6 MISC 202d ADDR ffeef740
    MCG status:
    MCi status:
    Error overflow
    Uncorrected error
    MCi_MISC register valid
    MCi_ADDR register valid
    Processor context corrupt
    MCA: Generic CACHE Level-2 Data-Write Error
    STATUS ee0000000100014a MCGSTATUS 0

    I'm reporting this here, because I found in the Intel I7 Technical
    Specification November 2008 update that something which seems very
    similar is in fact an erratum. So my question is : Is there any way
    for me to verify that my problem is due to one of those errata,instead
    of a broken hardware(if we don't want to consider all those errata as
    broken hardware)? I'm also reporting this because I thought it may be
    useful to signal that(if actually due to those errata) these problems
    actually occur, so it may be useful to find workarounds in the kernel
    to not scare to death poor Linux users!

    If you need more infos, just tell me.

    Thanks,

    Giangiacomo

      Last update: 2008-12-06 13:25    [W:0.022 / U:29.488 seconds]