    SubjectRe: Regression from 2.6.26: Hibernation (possibly suspend) broken on Toshiba R500 (bisected)

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    > However, this one appears to work reliably for me (on top of vanilla current
    > mainline):

    Not very interesting. It just does the same thing your previous patches
    have done - ignores the cardbus slot for sizing. It just does it
    differently and more explicitly.

    Your original patch did it by simply giving the resources invalid
    alignments (in a very non-obvious way). This one does it by being explicit
    and saying "we won't care about cardbus resources behind transparent
    bridges". But it's still a very hacky thing, and thus not really
    interesting at all as a patch.

    IOW, it's not a patch that makes sense - it's just a patch that ON YOUR
    PARTICULAR MACHINE causes us to get the layout you want in order to hide
    the bug. And it doesn't really even do anything new - it's just doing the
    same thing in an old way.

    But it's interesting that the "don't size _anything_ behind a transparent
    bridge" apparently made no difference for you.

    Can you send "lspci -vv" and "dmesg" output for that kernel? Even if it
    failed the suspend/resume, it's interesting, because I would actually have
    expected that one to have the same layout as the successful ones.

    Linus

      Last update: 2008-12-04 23:23    [W:0.046 / U:33.696 seconds]