    SubjectRe: Regression from 2.6.26: Hibernation (possibly suspend) broken on Toshiba R500 (bisected)

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    > Well, in principle it may be related to the way we handle bridges during
    > resume

    Ahh. Yes, that's possible. It's quite possible that the problem isn't
    resource allocation per se, but just the bigger complexity at resume time.

    This is a hibernate-only issue for you, right? Or is it about regular
    suspend-to-ram too?

    > but I really need to read some docs and compare them with the code
    > before I can say anything more about that. Surely, nothing like this
    > issue has ever been reported before.

    Well, how stable has hibernate been on that particular machine
    historically?

    Because the half-revert alignment patch (ie reverting part of 5f17cf) that
    made it work for you would actually have been a non-issue in the original
    code that was pre-PCI-resource-alignment cleanup (commit 88452565).

    So the patch you partially reverted was literally the one that made the
    Cardbus allocation work the _same_ way as it did historically, before
    88452565. So if the new code breaks for you, then so should the "old" code
    (ie 2.6.25 and earlier).

    So the "hasn't been reported before" case may well be just another way of
    saying "hibernate has never been very reliable".

    Linus

      Last update: 2008-12-04 05:45    [W:2.848 / U:0.092 seconds]