    SubjectRe: writing file to disk: not as easy as it looks
    > > CRC errors, lost IRQs and the like are retried by the midlayer and
    > > drivers and the error handling strategies will also try things like
    > > reducing link speeds on repeated CRC errors.
    >
    > I meant for example loose cable or so --- does it make sense to retry
    > indefinitely (until the admin plugs the cable or unmounts the filesystem)
    > or return error to the filesystem after few retries?

    It is quite non-trivial to detect if it is "disk plugged back in"
    vs. "faulty disk unplugged, new one plugged in"... so I suppose
    automatic retry after failure of connection to disk is quite hard to
    get right.

      Last update: 2008-12-03 19:17    [W:0.021 / U:90.376 seconds]