    SubjectRe: [SR-IOV driver example 0/3 resend] introduction
    On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 1:27 AM, Yu Zhao <yu.zhao@intel.com> wrote:
    > SR-IOV drivers of Intel 82576 NIC are available. There are two parts
    > of the drivers: Physical Function driver and Virtual Function driver.
    > The PF driver is based on the IGB driver and is used to control PF to
    > allocate hardware specific resources and interface with the SR-IOV core.
    > The VF driver is a new NIC driver that is same as the traditional PCI
    > device driver. It works in both the host and the guest (Xen and KVM)
    > environment.
    >
    > These two drivers are testing versions and they are *only* intended to
    > show how to use SR-IOV API.
    >
    > Intel 82576 NIC specification can be found at:
    > http://download.intel.com/design/network/datashts/82576_Datasheet_v2p1.pdf
    >
    > [SR-IOV driver example 0/3 resend] introduction
    > [SR-IOV driver example 1/3 resend] PF driver: hardware specific operations
    > [SR-IOV driver example 2/3 resend] PF driver: integrate with SR-IOV core
    > [SR-IOV driver example 3/3 resend] VF driver: an independent PCI NIC driver
    > --

    First of all, we (e1000-devel) do support the SR-IOV API.

    With that said, NAK on the driver changes. We were not involved in
    these changes and are currently working on a version of the drivers
    that will make them acceptable for kernel inclusion.

    --
    Cheers,
    Jeff

      Last update: 2008-12-03 04:15    [W:4.157 / U:0.084 seconds]