SubjectRe: [PULL] http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Trilok Soni <soni.trilok@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mauro,
>

>> This is one of the lack of the features on mercurial. It doesn't have a meta
>> tag for committer. On mercurial, the -hg user and the author should be the same
>> person.
>>
>> Since we want to identify the patch origin (e.g. whose v4l/dvb maintainer got
>> the patch), we use the internal "user" meta-tag as the committer, and an extra
>> tag, at the patch description for the author (From:).
>>
>> When creating the -git patch, the "From:" tag is replaced, by script, for
>> "Author:", I add my SOB there, and, I add myself as the -git committer (on git
>> we have both meta-tags).
>
> Isn't it good time to move v4l2-dvb tree to GIT? I am not aware of any
> hg-to-git repo. converter, but I can check with hg and git community.
> It could be difficult at first, but I am very confident that there are
> many GIT users here than mercurial, and yes your v4l-dvb maintenance
> process might change due move from GIT, but atleast you will not have
> to internal user meta-data per patch.

OK, there are tools to convert mercurial to git repo.

http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools#head-8870e1c81cc93f9a7a7acb5e969924ee60182d6b
http://hedonismbot.wordpress.com/2008/10/16/hg-fast-export-convert-mercurial-repositories-to-git-repositories/

--
---Trilok Soni
http://triloksoni.wordpress.com

  Last update: 2008-12-02 09:03    [W:0.048 / U:0.180 seconds]