SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.28-rc7
El Tue, 2 Dec 2008 12:11:11 -0500
"Michael B. Trausch" <mike@trausch.us> escribió:

[...]
> Alejandro, can you switch back to VTs again after rebuilding your
> NVIDIA module?

I can switch to VT's and the bug still manifest 2.6.28-rc7

> Also, you seem to have mentioned that you're not using
> Ubuntu's packaged NVIDIA driver... this may mean that you've
> overwritten and/or moved other files that Ubuntu uses, since the NVIDIA
> driver installer does this automatically.

I'm using the nvidia installer for the 180.06 driver yes

> Can you try using a stock
> system, updated kernel, and let DKMS build the NVIDIA module? You'll
> need to make some alterations, but I can help with those.

Would the nvidia.com uninstaller leave things as in a stock install?
Where can i find help about DKMS? also does it work if you use the
"vanilla way" of installing kernels? i do:
make ; make install ; make modules_install ; and mkinitramfs to install
kernels i test