    SubjectRe: MDADM Software Raid Woes
    On Fri, December 19, 2008 11:03 am, Dylan Taft wrote:
    > I'm running gentoo, udev 124-r1
    > I cleared all superblocks on all devices I raided, and undid all the
    > partition tables, and started from scratch, putting the filesystem on
    > the raid devices themselves instead of partitioning the raid devices.
    >
    > Everything is working now, I think it's probably best to keep it
    > simple, or use LVM
    > MD is referenced in the udev config files, but everything is working now.
    >
    > Sorry, I think it was user error. :)
    > Thanks
    > Dylan

    Only broken systems allow users to make errors like that.

    I'd still like to see the relevant udev config files if you
    wouldn't mind. I'd like to see if I can stop other people from
    suffering the same misfortunes as you.

    Thanks.
    NeilBrown

      Last update: 2008-12-19 01:29    [W:0.019 / U:153.244 seconds]