    SubjectRe: Have the velociraptors in a test system now, checkout the errors.
    Justin Piszcz wrote:

    >> Calls itself "WDC WD10EACS-00D" in /sys if that helps. I could dig
    >> out the packing slip if it matters. Runs nicely so far, and if the
    >> SMART temperature probe is correct, very cool:
    >>
    >> /dev/sda: ST3750640AS: 43 C
    >> /dev/sdb: WDC WD10EACS-00D6B1: 31 C
    >> /dev/sdc: ST3750640AS: 44 C
    >> /dev/sdd: ST3750640AS: 46 C
    >>
    >> I don't totally trust the temps, there is a LOT of 18C air going into
    >> that box, because it has a lot coming out the back and side.
    >
    > Hmm do you have a picture of those seagates? Seems like a lack of
    > airflow there
    > or do they just run really hot? Also, how many head unload/loads has the
    > 1.0TB GP drive performed, that was one of my concerns when I was
    > looking at
    > disks.

    How about a diagram:

    --empty-- |
    (seagate) |
    (WD) |
    (seagate) | <--- case
    (seagate) |
    --empty-- |

    That's about how the drives sit in the case, air vents are in the front
    of the case, fans in back pulling air out.

    --
    Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
    "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still

      Last update: 2008-12-19 00:17    [W:0.022 / U:31.180 seconds]