SubjectRe: [patch] ohci1394: don't leave interrupts enabled during suspend/resume
Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 December 2008, Stefan Richter wrote:
>> Frans Pop wrote:
>>> Any suggestions how to try and trace if that's what's happening?
>> Test after booting with the kernel parameter nomsi.
>
> With pci=nomsi I still get the same "irq 19: nobody cared".
>
> The devices that normally get MSI now get assigned as follows:
> - pcieport-driver: IRQ 16 and 17
> - iwlagn: irq 17
> - e1000e: irq 22
>
> ohci1394 remains the only driver at irq 19.
>
> Except for the changes due to the nomsi option I see no significant
> changes in dmesg for boot plus one suspend/resume cycle.

Then I have no other idea what to try.

Whether the Ricoh R5C832 FireWire controller or another device issues
the interrupt is IMO still not clear. If it was the FireWire
controller, then it would be fundamentally broken. ohci1394_pci_suspend
performs actually two register writes which both independently disable
interrupts on the controller, and I have a hard time to believe that the
controller gets both of these straight-forward things wrong.
--
Stefan Richter

  Last update: 2008-12-10 23:29    [W:0.052 / U:0.160 seconds]