    SubjectRe: [alsa-devel] Bugs on aspire one A150
    [Only about sound stuff, stripped irrelevant addresses from cc]

    At Sun, 09 Nov 2008 02:52:05 +0200,
    Maxim Levitsky wrote:

    > >> ** 3 - internal mic doesn't work.
    > >> tried model=acer, model=auto.
    > >> Overall it seems that alsa misprograms O/B realteck
    > >> codec.
    > >> I talk about this later.
    > Surprisingly, this is almost fixed.
    > I can record from both internal mic and external mic
    > (Quality is not so good, but is the same as in windows)
    >
    > Almost, is that to increase capture level, I have to set "one" channel of it.
    > Eg: if I set 100% left and 100% right then capture level is very low.
    > But when I set 100% left and 0% right or vice versa it works fine.
    >
    > Also the "mic boost" doesn't change capture volume for internal mic.
    > also the "mic boost" if set to high value works like analog loopback
    > (I hear what I say in mic in headphones, same happens on my main notebook acer 5720)

    Interesting. Is it with or without model option? There is a model
    option specific for aspire one (acer-aspire). Doesn't it work better?

    For comparing the hardware setting, please you run alsa-info.sh with
    --no-upload option, and attach the generated file at each state. This
    shows the real codec register values.

    Also, please run the same procedure for acer 5720, too.

    thanks,

    Takashi

      Last update: 2008-11-09 09:57    [W:0.023 / U:61.056 seconds]