SubjectRe: [alsa-devel] Bugs on aspire one A150
[Only about sound stuff, stripped irrelevant addresses from cc]

At Sun, 09 Nov 2008 02:52:05 +0200,
Maxim Levitsky wrote:

> >> ** 3 - internal mic doesn't work.
> >> tried model=acer, model=auto.
> >> Overall it seems that alsa misprograms O/B realteck
> >> codec.
> >> I talk about this later.
> Surprisingly, this is almost fixed.
> I can record from both internal mic and external mic
> (Quality is not so good, but is the same as in windows)
>
> Almost, is that to increase capture level, I have to set "one" channel of it.
> Eg: if I set 100% left and 100% right then capture level is very low.
> But when I set 100% left and 0% right or vice versa it works fine.
>
> Also the "mic boost" doesn't change capture volume for internal mic.
> also the "mic boost" if set to high value works like analog loopback
> (I hear what I say in mic in headphones, same happens on my main notebook acer 5720)

Interesting. Is it with or without model option? There is a model
option specific for aspire one (acer-aspire). Doesn't it work better?

For comparing the hardware setting, please you run alsa-info.sh with
--no-upload option, and attach the generated file at each state. This
shows the real codec register values.

Also, please run the same procedure for acer 5720, too.

thanks,

Takashi