    SubjectRe: [patch 0/4] [RFC] Another proportional weight IO controller
    On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 10:30 -0500, vgoyal@redhat.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > If you are not already tired of so many io controller implementations, here
    > is another one.
    >
    > This is a very eary very crude implementation to get early feedback to see
    > if this approach makes any sense or not.
    >
    > This controller is a proportional weight IO controller primarily
    > based on/inspired by dm-ioband. One of the things I personally found little
    > odd about dm-ioband was need of a dm-ioband device for every device we want
    > to control. I thought that probably we can make this control per request
    > queue and get rid of device mapper driver. This should make configuration
    > aspect easy.
    >
    > I have picked up quite some amount of code from dm-ioband especially for
    > biocgroup implementation.
    >
    > I have done very basic testing and that is running 2-3 dd commands in different
    > cgroups on x86_64. Wanted to throw out the code early to get some feedback.
    >
    > More details about the design and how to are in documentation patch.
    >
    > Your comments are welcome.

    please include

    QUILT_REFRESH_ARGS="--diffstat --strip-trailing-whitespace"

    in your environment or .quiltrc

    I would expect all those bio* files to be placed in block/ not mm/

    Does this still require I use dm, or does it also work on regular block
    devices? Patch 4/4 isn't quite clear on this.

      Last update: 2008-11-06 16:53    [W:0.020 / U:94.296 seconds]