    Subject[patch 0/4] [RFC] Another proportional weight IO controller
    Hi,

    If you are not already tired of so many io controller implementations, here
    is another one.

    This is a very eary very crude implementation to get early feedback to see
    if this approach makes any sense or not.

    This controller is a proportional weight IO controller primarily
    based on/inspired by dm-ioband. One of the things I personally found little
    odd about dm-ioband was need of a dm-ioband device for every device we want
    to control. I thought that probably we can make this control per request
    queue and get rid of device mapper driver. This should make configuration
    aspect easy.

    I have picked up quite some amount of code from dm-ioband especially for
    biocgroup implementation.

    I have done very basic testing and that is running 2-3 dd commands in different
    cgroups on x86_64. Wanted to throw out the code early to get some feedback.

    More details about the design and how to are in documentation patch.

    Your comments are welcome.

    Thanks
    Vivek

      Last update: 2008-11-06 16:37    [W:0.034 / U:0.132 seconds]