SubjectRe: Git next: Second stage of cpu_alloc patches
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:52:05 -0800 Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 20:56:52 -0600 (CST) Christoph Lameter <cl@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> > The second stage of the cpu_alloc patchset can be pulled from
>> >
>> > kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/christoph/work.git cpu_alloc_stage2
>>
>> Please send the patches for review. Always.
>
> And I would like to see a bit of positive feedback from the first set
> (given we have boot failures bisected down to this stuff) before we add
> more on top.

Thanks. I will try out today's linux-next later today (if I can find
the time for it).

Just in case it helps track down the problem: Adding percpu=100000 to
the kernel command line got the thing booting for me. The number
itself was picked at random, but it worked on the first try. The
machine is a single-core P4 3.0 GHz with HT, 1G RAM, using slightly
modified F9 config.

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it

  Last update: 2008-11-05 08:55    [W:0.098 / U:0.064 seconds]