SubjectRe: [RFC] Documentation tree sub-directories reorg.
On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 14:50:36 -0800
Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> wrote:

> I would like to use a few more sub-directories in the Documentation/
> tree to try to help clean it up some. E.g., move some drivers/block/
> doc files to Documentation/blockdev/ and move some serial/tty/chardev
> doc files to Documentation/serial/

This all makes fine sense to me, but I do wonder if we shouldn't also
create an "obsolete" subdirectory and put some of those files there?
For example, paride.txt starts off this way:

Owing to the simplicity and near universality of the parallel port
interface to personal computers, many external devices such as
portable hard-disk, CD-ROM, LS-120 and tape drives use the parallel
port to connect to their host computer.

Said ports are not quite as universal as they once were. The document also
points to a nonexistent web page and a dead mailing list. It's hard to
imagine that it's actually doing anybody any good at all. Even if somebody
out there is still using the paride drivers (can there possibly be?), they
aren't likely to be getting much help here.

jon

  Last update: 2008-11-05 00:27    [W:1.535 / U:0.040 seconds]