SubjectRe: System hang from holding left shift key
Pavel Machek wrote:
>> While absentmindedly holding down the left shift key as I was thinking about my
>> beep, and then a low beep after another 3 seconds. At that point, no key entry
>> had any effect. From the beeps, one might conclude that the input buffer is
>> full, but a CTRL/U did not clear it. Fortunately, a short press on the power
>> button shut down the machine cleanly.
>>
>> I don't know if this is a regression. I found it in v2.6.28-rc2, but the oldest
>> kernel that I could test (v2.6.24) already has the problem.
>>
>> When the beeps occur, a stack dump is as follows:
>
> What kind of machine is that...? I can't reproduce it here, do I need
> some accessibility options enabled?

It is an HP dv2815nr notebook with an Turion X2 CPU running the x86_64 version
of openSUSE 11.0.

I'm not running any special options that I know about. The only strange thing is
that the shift keys autorepeat.

Larry

  Last update: 2008-11-04 19:03    [W:0.061 / U:0.188 seconds]