SubjectRe: [RESEND] benet: BladeEngine 10Gb NIC driver
Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 02:52:07PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>> Greg KH wrote:

>>> Does someone have a pointer to the driver, so that we can see what is
>>> needed to be done?
>> It was in my email :) Repeating,
>>
>> The 'benet' branch of
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git
>>
>> It should be suitable for pulling directly into staging.
>
> Hm, call me extreemly stupid, but I don't see anything in that branch
> for this driver.
>
> Here's what I did:
> git fetch git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git benet master:jeff
> git checkout jeff
>
> Even looking around at this tree with 'gitk --all' I don't see anything.
> So what did I do wrong here?

Well, the commit has been there long enough to mirror out, and show up
on the web interface:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=benet

therefore I am guessing there is some git user error here... but I could
not say what, since I am unfamiliar with your style of git invocation.

I would recommend creating a new branch, or switching to an existing
one, and then pulling into it. Pulling from a branch always works in my
experience, and that's what I've been doing since git was first written.

URL=git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git
git checkout -b tmp master
git pull $URL benet

Regards,

Jeff