SubjectRe: Regression in 2.6.28-rc and 2.6.27-stable - hibernate related
Hi

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:03 AM, Stefan Richter
<stefanr@s5r6.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>> Also, on a possibly related note, I've just found a report from a Mac Mini user
>> who told me his machine hanged during resume from hibernation if his external
>> firewire drive was connected to the port. He worked around the problem by
>> switching to the new firewire stack that worked for him.
>
> The above bisection result is about the new stack = drivers/firewire/.
> The old stack is drivers/ieee1394/ and I prefix all its changes with
> "ieee1394:".
>
> Of course the old stack is supposed to hibernate + restore properly too.
> I personally tested only suspend + resume though, and that's quite long
> ago...

FWIW, I don't own any firewire devices, I only compiled the stack to
see if the port was recognised by the kernel. So nothing has ever be
connected to that port.

I haven't reproduced the problem so far without the drivers compiled
in (and with the debug option you suggested). I'll post some more info
in a few days.

> --
> Stefan Richter
> http://arcgraph.de/sr/

Regards,
Fabio

  Last update: 2008-11-26 09:21    [W:0.250 / U:0.124 seconds]