    SubjectRe: A question sort_main_extable()
    Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org> writes:

    > we used to do this but it was a pain and extremely fragile. Runtime
    > sorting makes it very robust at least.

    It's not only extremly fragile, but just broken with out of line
    section which gcc also generates these days.

    > The sort is really quick though; I've spent a lot of time on boot time
    > and this guy never showed up for me.

    If you really wanted to speed it up you could actually just switch
    over to a bubble sort. It's typically the best algorithm for nearly
    already sorted input data, which this is.

    But then as you say it's not worth it.

    -Andi

    --
    ak@linux.intel.com

      Last update: 2008-11-23 20:49    [W:0.021 / U:0.672 seconds]