SubjectRe: A question sort_main_extable()
Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org> writes:

> we used to do this but it was a pain and extremely fragile. Runtime
> sorting makes it very robust at least.

It's not only extremly fragile, but just broken with out of line
section which gcc also generates these days.

> The sort is really quick though; I've spent a lot of time on boot time
> and this guy never showed up for me.

If you really wanted to speed it up you could actually just switch
over to a bubble sort. It's typically the best algorithm for nearly
already sorted input data, which this is.

But then as you say it's not worth it.

-Andi

--
ak@linux.intel.com