SubjectRe: CONFIG_PCI_LEGACY removal
* Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx>:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 06:14:26PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>
> I think the plan is to delete all these drivers once the new ISDN layer
> is a bit more battle-hardened.
>
> > User of pci_find_slot():
> >
> > drivers/pci/hotplug/cpqphp_pci.c
>
> The cpqphp driver is basically unmaintained. Last time I spoke to Greg
> about it (which was probably three years ago) he said it wasn't possible
> to find a machine which had one of these any more.

I've managed to track some down.

> I suspect the driver should simply be deleted, but if anyone steps up
> and claims to have one of these to test the resulting patch, I'm willing
> to remove pci_find_slot() from it.

Converting cpqphp to use the modern pci_get_slot() API has been
on my TODO list for a while. It was languishing because I
couldn't find hardware nor time.

I've got hardware now. Just need to free up a few cycles. :-/

But if it's not worth it, I'm fine with marking as CONFIG_BROKEN
and scheduling for eventual deletion.

/ac

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans