    SubjectCrash during suspend to disk

    I hope this information is sufficient to debug my problem, though it
    unfortunately is somewhat incomplete. I took two pictures of the OOPS
    with my mobile phone, but unfortunately the picture of the upper part is
    so blurred that it is unreadable. Apparently I have to be in a hurry
    getting out of the door for this to happen. Here is what I got from the
    lower part

    Call Trace:
    Code: ......
    EIP: [<...>] iput
    ---[ end trace ........................... ]---

    There is a lot of blanks here that I should be able provide on request
    as well.

    The problem occured in my third attempt in quick succession to suspend
    to disk. The first two did not succeed due to insufficient free swap. I
    got 768 MB ram and a ~1 GB swap partition. I believe top said something
    like Mem: 3xxxxxk used and Swap: 6xxxxxk used before the third attempt
    to suspend to disk.

    The system that was running had at least one successful suspend to disk
    and restore the day before and I also use it sucessfully on a daily

    I believe I've seen the same crash before with a 2.6.27 or earlier
    kernel, but I was in a hurry getting out of the door back then as I was
    here. Circumstances was the same though, with already successful suspend
    to disk and the crash appearing during second or third attempt to
    suspend to disk in quick succession.

    I guess I should be able to reproduce the crash with some efforts, but
    I'd like to hear your thoughts on this before I do that.

    Filesystems are reiserfs.

    Simon Holm Thøgersen

      Last update: 2008-11-20 13:49    [W:0.022 / U:1.172 seconds]