SubjectRe: RT sched: cpupri_vec lock contention with def_root_domain and no load balance
Dimitri Sivanich wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 03:25:15PM -0500, Gregory Haskins wrote:
>
>> It sounds like the problem with my code is that "null sched domain"
>> translates into "default root-domain" which is understandably unexpected
>> by Dimitri (and myself). Really I intended root-domains to become
>> associated with each exclusive/disjoint cpuset that is created. In a
>> way, non-balanced/isolated cpus could be modeled as an exclusive cpuset
>> with one member, but that is somewhat beyond the scope of the
>>

> Actually, at one time, that is how things were setup. Setting the
> cpu_exclusive bit on a single cpu cpuset would isolate that cpu from
> load balancing.

Do you know if this was pre or post the root-domain code? Here is a
reference to the commit:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=57d885fea0da0e9541d7730a9e1dcf734981a173

A bisection that shows when this last worked for you would be very
appreciated if you have the time, Dimitri.

Regards,
-Greg

  Last update: 2008-11-19 22:31    [W:0.101 / U:68.440 seconds]