    SubjectRe: RT sched: cpupri_vec lock contention with def_root_domain and no load balance

    Dimitri Sivanich wrote:
    > On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 11:49:36AM -0800, Max Krasnyansky wrote:
    >> I think the idea is that we want to make balancer a noop on those processors.
    > Ultimately, making the balancer a noop on processors with load balancing turned off would be the best solution.
    Yes. I forgot to point out that if we do change cpusets to generate sched
    domain per cpu we want to make sure that balancer is still a noop just like it
    is today with the null sched domain.

    >> We could change cpusets code to create a root sched domain for each cpu I
    >> guess. But can we maybe scale cpupri some other way ?
    > It doesn't make sense to me that they'd have a root domain attached that spans more of the the system than that cpu.
    I think 'root' in this case is a bit of a misnomer. What I meant is that each
    non-balanced cpu would be in a separate sched domain.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-11-19 21:21    [W:0.020 / U:3.424 seconds]