    SubjectRe: RT sched: cpupri_vec lock contention with def_root_domain and no load balance
    Gregory Haskins wrote:
    > If you tried creating different cpusets and it still had them all end up
    > in the def_root_domain, something is very broken indeed. I will take a
    > look.

    I beleive that's the intended behaviour. We always put cpus that are not
    balanced into null sched domains. This was done since day one (ie when
    cpuisol= option was introduced) and cpusets just followed the same convention.

    I think the idea is that we want to make balancer a noop on those processors.
    We could change cpusets code to create a root sched domain for each cpu I
    guess. But can we maybe scale cpupri some other way ?

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-11-19 20:53    [W:0.019 / U:36.888 seconds]