SubjectRe: default IRQ affinity change in v2.6.27 (breaking several SMP PPC based systems)

David Miller wrote:
> From: Kumar Gala <galak@kernel.crashing.org>
> Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:39:05 -0500
>
>> As for making it ARCH specific, that doesn't really help since not
>> all PPC hw has the limitation I spoke of. Not even all MPIC (in our
>> cases) have the limitation.
>
> Since the PPC code knows exactly which MPICs have the problem the
> PPC code is where the constraining can occur.
>
> I agree completely with the suggestion that the arch code has to
> interpret the cpumask as appropriate for the hardware, since the
> user can stick "illegal" values there anyways.

Sorry for delay in replying to this. And sorry for causing regression on some
ppc platforms.
I totally agree with what Dave said above. ALL_CPUS is a sane default,
platform code has to sanity check masks passed via set_affinity() calls
anyway. So I beleive it should be fixed in the platform code.

Max

  Last update: 2008-11-19 07:47    [W:0.086 / U:0.140 seconds]