    SubjectRe: CONFIG_NUMA breaks hibernation on x86-32 with PAE

    * Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> wrote:

    > > * Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> wrote:
    > >
    > > > ...at least on 2.6.27 and 2.6.28-rc3. Resume gets to
    > > > acpi_hibernation_leave, then SLAB corruption is detected and machine
    > > > ends in series of oops.
    > > >
    > > > Any ideas how to debug that?
    > >
    > > do you get any serial log or USB key output, so that it's debuggable
    > > directly?
    >
    > Well, I can transcribe the BUG() from a picture, I guess, but it does
    > not seem to contain much useful info: SLAB corruption was detected and
    > backtrace is not quite important at that point...
    >
    > Serial console is probably possible, but would take few days to setup.

    No good ideas - the bug description gives me the impression of memory
    maps save/restore hickup in the hibernation code - and memory maps are
    pretty much the only thing that are significantly different on NUMA.
    (amongst the things that would matter to hibernation - there's a lot
    more other NUMA details)

    In any case, could you send the .config that fails please, so that
    this is documented better?

    Ingo

      Last update: 2008-11-10 09:07    [W:0.021 / U:0.972 seconds]