SubjectRe: CONFIG_NUMA breaks hibernation on x86-32 with PAE

* Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> wrote:

> > * Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> wrote:
> >
> > > ...at least on 2.6.27 and 2.6.28-rc3. Resume gets to
> > > acpi_hibernation_leave, then SLAB corruption is detected and machine
> > > ends in series of oops.
> > >
> > > Any ideas how to debug that?
> >
> > do you get any serial log or USB key output, so that it's debuggable
> > directly?
>
> Well, I can transcribe the BUG() from a picture, I guess, but it does
> not seem to contain much useful info: SLAB corruption was detected and
> backtrace is not quite important at that point...
>
> Serial console is probably possible, but would take few days to setup.

No good ideas - the bug description gives me the impression of memory
maps save/restore hickup in the hibernation code - and memory maps are
pretty much the only thing that are significantly different on NUMA.
(amongst the things that would matter to hibernation - there's a lot
more other NUMA details)

In any case, could you send the .config that fails please, so that
this is documented better?

Ingo