SubjectRe: Toggling GPIO at 38Khz
On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Bill Gatliff <bgat@billgatliff.com> wrote:
> Jon Smirl wrote:
>

>> Are there other techniques for generating pulse trains in the 36-56Khz
>> range on a simple GPIO pin?
>>

> Yes.
>
> Use the GPIO pin to enable the output of an external circuit. Or, hope that the
> GPIO pin in question is multiplexed with a timer/counter or PWM peripheral.
>
> But somehow, I don't think either answer is what you were looking for. :)

The existing LIRC driver for a serial port is here:
http://lirc.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lirc/lirc/drivers/lirc_serial/lirc_serial.c?view=markup

An example of serial based hardware is here:
http://iguanaworks.net/product2.psp

These are external boards people buy to use with MythTV. They are most
commonly used on the x86, but the NSLU2 has been modified to use them
too.

The hardware can't be changed, people have bought thousands of these devices.

Many people cut up a serial cable and solder it themselves...
http://www.lirc.org/transmitters.html

The problems with these devices are obvious, I use a USB one for my
own system. It has a PIC chip in it with PWM out.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@gmail.com

  Last update: 2008-10-08 15:09    [W:0.110 / U:0.364 seconds]