    SubjectLinux 2.6.27-rc9

    I know, I know, I said that -rc8 was supposed to be the last -rc, and that
    I'd release 2.6.27 this weekend.

    I lied. Sue me. I merged two subtle regression fixes today, and while both
    looked perfectly fine and had been tested by the people involved in the
    regressions, I just couldn't bring myself to then just slap a "v2.6.27" on
    it without some more testing.

    So I'd like to get at least a couple of days of feedback on those fixes.
    It also felt like a good idea to have an -rc with the patches that should
    fix the (much-publicized) e1000e firmware corruption bugs. I know people
    inside Intel are still looking at it, so there may be more changes in that
    area, but I think we're set for 2.6.27 - but again, let's just do an -rc
    here.

    If things go well, I might do a final release mid-week, otherwise it's
    "next weekend" again.

    The dirstat looks like the normal one: half arch code (mainly due to some
    mips updates), and 30% drivers, with a smattering of other things (eg
    sctp). But the things people would likely _care_ about are the e1000e
    patches and the HP Turion-based laptop performance regression thing and
    an GART mapping issue.

    But here's the dirstat for an "overview" anyway:

    35.3% arch/mips/kernel/
    4.5% arch/mips/sibyte/swarm/
    42.5% arch/mips/
    3.7% arch/powerpc/boot/dts/
    4.4% arch/powerpc/
    52.9% arch/
    11.3% drivers/ide/mips/
    11.8% drivers/ide/
    4.9% drivers/media/video/
    6.6% drivers/media/
    3.8% drivers/net/e1000e/
    29.2% drivers/
    5.0% include/asm-mips/
    5.4% include/
    3.5% net/sctp/
    4.4% net/

    and the shortlog is appended.

    Linus

    PS. I already bugged people on the git lists with this, but since I'm
    totally shameless and can't help but hope that some random kernel person
    also does tcl/tk or just wants to help improve my kids-time-tracker, I can
    just point to

    http://torvalds-family.blogspot.com/2008/10/tracking-time-kids-spend-online.html

    and hope that somebody would like to make that GUI better and/or feel like
    they really want to do a "management interface" too ;)

    ---
    Andreas Oberritter (1):
    V4L/DVB (9029): Fix deadlock in demux code

    Andrew Morton (2):
    include/linux/stacktrace.h: declare struct task_struct
    V4L/DVB (8960): drivers/media/video/cafe_ccic.c needs mm.h

    Andy Whitcroft (1):
    mm: handle initialising compound pages at orders greater than MAX_ORDER

    Arnaud Ebalard (1):
    XFRM,IPv6: initialize ip6_dst_blackhole_ops.kmem_cachep

    Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (1):
    ide: workaround for bogus gcc warning in ide_sysfs_register_port()

    Bodo Eggert (1):
    ide-cd: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200A does play audio

    Borislav Petkov (1):
    ide-cd: temporary tray close fix

    Bruce Allan (1):
    e1000e: write protect ICHx NVM to prevent malicious write/erase

    Chandra Seetharaman (1):
    dm mpath: add missing path switching locking

    Costantino Leandro (1):
    V4L/DVB (8933): gspca: Disable light frquency for zc3xx cs2102 Kokom.

    Dan Carpenter (1):
    fix error-path NULL deref in alloc_posix_timer()

    Darron Broad (1):
    V4L/DVB (9099): em28xx: Add detection for K-WORLD DVB-T 310U

    David Gibson (1):
    powerpc: Fix PCI in Holly device tree

    David Howells (1):
    MN10300: Fix IRQ handling

    David Winn (1):
    fbcon: fix monochrome color value calculation

    Dean Anderson (1):
    V4L/DVB (8963): s2255drv field count fix

    Denis V. Lunev (1):
    ipv6: NULL pointer dereferrence in tcp_v6_send_ack

    Devin Heitmueller (1):
    V4L/DVB (8967): Use correct XC3028L firmware for AMD ATI TV Wonder 600

    Douglas Schilling Landgraf (6):
    V4L/DVB (8883): w9968cf: Fix order of usb_alloc_urb validation
    V4L/DVB (8884): em28xx-audio: fix memory leak
    V4L/DVB (8885): cpia2_usb: fix memory leak
    V4L/DVB (8886): ov511: fix memory leak
    V4L/DVB (8887): gspca: fix memory leak
    V4L/DVB (8935): em28xx-cards: Remove duplicate entry (EM2800_BOARD_KWORLD_USB2800)

    Gerald Schaefer (1):
    memory hotplug: missing zone->lock in test_pages_isolated()

    H. Peter Anvin (1):
    x86 setup: correct segfault in generation of 32-bit reloc kernel

    Haavard Skinnemoen (2):
    dw_dmac: fix copy/paste bug in tasklet
    atmel-mci: Initialize BLKR before sending data transfer command

    Hans Verkuil (4):
    V4L/DVB (8789): wm8739: remove wrong kfree
    V4L/DVB (8904): cx88: add missing unlock_kernel
    V4L/DVB (8905): ov511: fix exposure sysfs attribute bug
    V4L/DVB (8919): cx18: Fix tuner audio input for Compro H900 cards

    Hans de Goede (1):
    V4L/DVB (8909): gspca: PAC 7302 webcam 093a:262a added.

    Heiko Carstens (2):
    iucv: Fix mismerge again.
    [S390] nohz: Fix __udelay.

    Herbert Xu (1):
    ipsec: Fix pskb_expand_head corruption in xfrm_state_check_space

    J.A. Magallón (1):
    x86: fix typo in enable_mtrr_cleanup early parameter

    Jan Glauber (1):
    [S390] qdio: prevent stack clobber

    Jan Kiszka (1):
    kgdb, x86: Avoid invoking kgdb_nmicallback twice per NMI

    Jason Wessel (1):
    kgdb: call touch_softlockup_watchdog on resume

    Jean Delvare (5):
    ALSA: ASoC: Fix cs4270 error path
    V4L/DVB (8955): bttv: Prevent NULL pointer dereference in radio_open
    V4L/DVB (8957): zr36067: Restore the default pixel format
    V4L/DVB (8958): zr36067: Return proper bytes-per-line value
    V4L/DVB (8961): zr36067: Fix RGBR pixel format

    Jean-Francois Moine (3):
    V4L/DVB (8926): gspca: Bad fix of leak memory (changeset 43d2ead315b1).
    V4L/DVB (9080): gspca: Add a delay after writing to the sonixj sensors.
    V4L/DVB (9092): gspca: Bad init values for sonixj ov7660.

    Jesse Brandeburg (5):
    e1000e: reset swflag after resetting hardware
    e1000e: do not ever sleep in interrupt context
    e1000e: remove phy read from inside spinlock
    e1000e: drop stats lock
    e1000e: update version from k4 to k6

    Johannes Berg (1):
    powerpc: Fix failure to shutdown with CPU hotplug

    Kevin D. Kissell (3):
    [MIPS] SMTC: Fix holes in SMTC and FPU affinity support.
    [MIPS] SMTC: Close tiny holes in the SMTC IPI replay system.
    [MIPS] SMTC: Fix SMTC dyntick support.

    Krzysztof Helt (1):
    fbdev: fix recursive notifier and locking when fbdev console is blanked

    Kumar Gala (1):
    powerpc: Fix boot hang regression on MPC8544DS

    Lennert Buytenhek (1):
    orion_spi: fix handling of default transfer speed

    Linus Torvalds (4):
    Check mapped ranges on sysfs resource files
    e1000e: Fix incorrect debug warning
    Fix init/main.c to use regular printk with '%pF' for initcall fn
    Linux 2.6.27-rc9

    Marcin Slusarz (1):
    rtc: fix kernel panic on second use of SIGIO nofitication

    Mathieu Desnoyers (1):
    Marker depmod fix core kernel list

    Mauro Carvalho Chehab (1):
    V4L/DVB (8559a): Fix a merge conflict at gspca/sonixb

    Michael Kerrisk (3):
    MAINTAINERS: add mailing list for man-pages
    SubmitChecklist: interfaces changes should CC linux-api@
    Documentation/HOWTO: info about interface changes should CC linux-api@vger

    Michael Krufky (2):
    V4L/DVB (8978): sms1xxx: fix product name for Hauppauge WinTV MiniStick
    V4L/DVB (8979): sms1xxx: Add new USB product ID for Hauppauge WinTV MiniStick

    Mike Isely (1):
    V4L/DVB (8892): pvrusb2: Handle USB ID 2040:2950 same as 2040:2900

    Mike Rapoport (1):
    pxa2xx_spi: fix build breakage

    Mikulas Patocka (2):
    dm: always allow one page in dm_merge_bvec
    dm: cope with access beyond end of device in dm_merge_bvec

    Nick Piggin (2):
    inotify: fix lock ordering wrt do_page_fault's mmap_sem
    mm: tiny-shmem nommu fix

    Pascal Terjan (1):
    braille_console: only register notifiers when the braille console is used

    Patrick Boettcher (2):
    V4L/DVB (9037): Fix support for Hauppauge Nova-S SE
    V4L/DVB (9043): S5H1420: Fix size of shadow-array to avoid overflow

    Paul Jackson (1):
    cpusets: remove pj from cpuset maintainers

    Paul Moore (1):
    selinux: Fix an uninitialized variable BUG/panic in selinux_secattr_to_sid()

    Rafael J. Wysocki (2):
    ACPI: Make /proc/acpi/wakeup interface handle PCI devices (again)
    x86 ACPI: Blacklist two HP machines with buggy BIOSes

    Ralf Baechle (5):
    [MIPS] Build fix: Fix irq flags type
    [MIPS] SMTC: Build fix: Fix filename in Makefile
    IDE: Fix platform device registration in Swarm IDE driver (v2)
    [MIPS] Fix CMP Kconfig configuration and mark as broken.
    [MIPS] IP27: Fix build errors if CONFIG_MAPPED_KERNEL=y

    Ralph Loader (1):
    V4L/DVB (9053): fix buffer overflow in uvc-video

    Risto Suominen (2):
    ALSA: snd-powermac: mixers for PowerMac G4 AGP
    ALSA: snd-powermac: HP detection for 1st iMac G3 SL

    Rob Sims (1):
    ASoC: Set correct name for WM8753 rec mixer output

    Samuel Ortiz (2):
    mfd: Fix Kconfig accroding to the new gpiolib symbols
    mfd: Fix asic3 compilation

    Sergei Shtylylov (1):
    ide-dma: fix ide_build_dmatable() for TRM290

    Shane (1):
    V4L/DVB (9075): gspca: Bad check of returned status in i2c_read() spca561.

    Sven Wegener (2):
    leds-fsg: change order of initialization and deinitialization
    leds-pca955x: add proper error handling and fix bogus memory handling

    Takashi Iwai (1):
    ALSA: hda - Fix model for Dell Inspiron 1525

    Thomas Gleixner (6):
    hrtimer: migrate pending list on cpu offline
    hrtimer: fix migration of CB_IRQSAFE_NO_SOFTIRQ hrtimers
    hrtimer: mark migration state
    hrtimer: prevent migration of per CPU hrtimers
    e1000e: debug contention on NVM SWFLAG
    clockevents: check broadcast tick device not the clock events device

    Timo Teras (1):
    af_key: Free dumping state on socket close

    Tony Luck (1):
    [IA64] Put the space for cpu0 per-cpu area into .data section

    Vitaliy Gusev (1):
    tcp: Fix NULL dereference in tcp_4_send_ack()

    Wei Yongjun (1):
    sctp: Fix kernel panic while process protocol violation parameter

    Wiktor Grebla (1):
    V4L/DVB (9103): em28xx: HVR-900 B3C0 - fix audio clicking issue

    Yinghai Lu (1):
    x86: gart iommu have direct mapping when agp is present too

    Zachary Amsden (2):
    x86: Fix broken LDT access in VMI
    x86, vmi: fix broken LDT access