SubjectRe: [RFC patch 0/5] genirq: add infrastructure for threaded interrupt handlers
On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 02:26 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> > > Well, please take that up separately. Do you see these patches going
> > > into the -rt tree? No, they are going in mainline. We will deal with
> > > them for -rt when the time comes.
> >
> > It's an RFC after all, it's not going into anything at this point..
>
> Because you are deciding what's going into mainline, right ?

You flagged this as an RFC, typically that means it's a work in
progress .. Usually a work in progress does go into mainline.

> > > You are bringing up concerns about mainline changes with something that
> > > is maintained outside the mainline tree. Changes to mainline have never
> > > been influenced by changes maintained outside of mainline.
> >
> > Again it's an RFC .. It's not going into mainline..
>
> You made such a statement vs. hrtimers some time ago.

hrtimers didn't go RFC then straight to mainline either.

> > > Yes Daniel, I know. But this is not a conversation. This is a email thread
> > > that is talking about changes to mainline. The mainline kernel developers
> > > really don't care about any issues that these changes will do to the
> > > real time project. The real time project is a niche, and is currently
> > > outside the mainline tree. Hence, lets stop bothering mainline
> > > developers with our issues.
> >
> > Your speaking for a lot of developers.. It's an RFC, it's coming from
> > real time developers, it's real time connected, and this is the real
> > time development list ..
>
> This RFC patch is from a mainline developer/ maintainer who happens to
> be a real time developer as well.

And is submitting a real time core features.

> Welcome to my real time incoherent nonsense filter

You ask for comments, than get upset when you get some .. If anyone
needs to be filtered it's you.

Daniel

  Last update: 2008-10-03 16:47    [W:1.973 / U:0.172 seconds]