    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Freezer: Don't count threads waiting for frozen filesystems.
    Hi.

    On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 00:50 +0100, Miklos Szeredi wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Miklos Szeredi wrote:
    > > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
    > > > Hi.

    > > > Okay. In that case, am I right in thinking that the request waiting on
    > > > the frozen filesystem will be stuck in request_wait_answer,
    > >
    > > Yes.
    > >
    > > > and the
    > > > userspace process that was trying to satisfy the request will be stuck
    > > > in the FUSE_MIGHT_FREEZE call that was invoked for the frozen
    > > > filesystem?
    >
    > Sorry, I misunderstood this. Yes you're right, in the case of one
    > fuse filesystem relying on another to complete the request the already
    > frozen one will be stuck in FUSE_MIGHT_FREEZE().
    >
    > How does that help?

    Well, my next question was going to be: can we find a way to know that
    the userspace process we're waiting on was frozen? If we can know that,
    then perhaps we can apply that knowledge in this thread to avoid a
    freezing failure.

    Regards,

    Nigel

      Last update: 2008-10-29 01:01    [W:0.022 / U:152.108 seconds]