SubjectProcessor Technology: Cores with Virtual Boundary
Processor Technology: Cores with Virtual Boundary
======================================

Today's processors are based on multi-core architecture with real
physical boundaries that separates the cores inside the processor or a
chip and this approach can be optimum for executing general or
specific tasks with intelligent schedulers.

My curiosity is, what will happen if we can able to remove those real
physical boundaries that separates the cores? Is it possible to
overcome the ultimate limits on performance or does it all boils down
to single-core architecture, if we can able to realize the above.

In any case, I don't let the desing boiling to single-core but staying
on multi-core with virtual boundaries or no boundaries at all.

If it is possible then that it will be cool thing, like we can
introduce 'ringed' cores with no real boundaries or any other topology
which are best suitable for breaking the limits of performance.

Your comments please.

Further I am not a processor guy and in case if you like to discuss
any intricates of processor design then I may not able to write much
about it. Sorry for that.

Best Regards,

  Last update: 2008-10-28 19:57    [W:0.520 / U:0.584 seconds]