Subjectstaging: me4000 and relation to other data acquisition devices
I have some questions about the user-kernel interface of the me4000
driver. From my looking through the code it seems specific to the
me4000 hardware which does concern me since there are hundreds of
different data acquisition devices from many different vendors. In my
opinion it would beneficial if at the very least all of these devices
shared a common device interface.

Additionally there is the out of tree Comedi project:

http://comedi.org

Which supports this hardware, and many more, with a generic device
interface. There may be other reason not to merge Comedi (I know they
have a desire to maintain support of their RT support), but I can't help
but feel that merging the me4000 driver without thinking about the
hundreds of other devices out there is a mistake.

--
Shawn

  Last update: 2008-10-28 16:53    [W:0.072 / U:4.276 seconds]