    SubjectRe: [otus-devel] Release of Atheros 802.11n USB Linux driver
    On 10/28/2008 12:35 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

    > This is now fixed on the master branch, also the branch "for-upstream"
    > does a lot of cleanup I thought you may like before stuffing it into
    > staging like removing all KERNEL_VERSION checks, all wireless
    > extensions checks, some compile warnings, removal of compat, dos2unix,
    > use utf-8, etc. Unfortunately this still requires a specific version
    > of wpa_supplicant but it seems it works. Not sure what bars you have
    > for staging at this point.

    I was a bit disappointed to find binary-only firmware inside the
    driver (HalPlus/OTUS_FB50/{hpfwbu,hpfwuinit}.c which is downloaded
    into the device during startup (initially thought this to be a
    complete OpenSource driver :-(

    Unless the attitude towards binary chunks inside the Linux kernel
    have changed, I guess these should be moved into userspace using the
    firmware_class driver to access it.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-10-28 14:27    [W:0.030 / U:83.612 seconds]