SubjectRe: [Linux-uvc-devel] [BUG] NULL pointer dereference caused by uvcvideo stress test
Date
Hi Mauro,

On Friday 24 October 2008, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:01:27 +0100
>
> Alan Jenkins <alan-jenkins@tuffmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > > Hi Alan,

> Sorry for being late with this. Too much work here...
>
> I suspect that you only hit this bug due to BKL removal from open/close
> fops. maybe you're calling open() before having the device fully
> initialized?

It's actually the other way around. open() is closed while unloading the
module. As v4l is being moved to cdev the bug will go away.

> Anyway, I think that the proposed check is interesting on other places
> where there are similar code.

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart

  Last update: 2008-10-25 13:21    [W:0.066 / U:1.196 seconds]