    SubjectMCEs
    I am getting frequent MCEs on my Linux desktop, when I am encoding TV
    recordings to H.264 using mencoder. It is a dual core box, I am using
    2.6.27 (but have had the problem for a while now).

    This is the kind of MCE that freezes the box and causes a panic. The
    trace does not end up in syslog. I found a program called mcelog which
    I am supposed to call regularly from cron, but how can that help me when
    the first MCE I get insta-panics the box?

    Now the most common causes for MCEs are apparently heat issues and bad
    memory. I can rule out both. Could this be an artifact of some bad
    ACPI tables?

    How do you debug this kind of problem?

    Thanks,

    Felix

      Last update: 2008-10-24 14:55    [W:0.035 / U:0.840 seconds]