    SubjectRe: SLUB defrag pull request?
    Hi Miklos,

    On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Miklos Szeredi <> wrote:
    >> Actually, when debugging is enabled, it's customary to poison the
    >> object, for example (see free_debug_processing() in mm/slub.c). So we
    >> really can't "easily ensure" that in the allocator unless we by-pass
    >> all the current debugging code.
    > Thank you, that does actually answer my question. I would still think
    > it's a good sacrifice to no let the dentries be poisoned for the sake
    > of a simpler dentry defragmenter.

    To be honest, I haven't paid enough attention to the discussion to see
    how much simpler it would be. But I don't like the idea of forcibly
    disabling debugging for slab caches because of a new core feature in
    the allocator. Keep in mind that it's not just dentries we're talking
    about here, we're defragmenting inodes as well.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-10-22 23:15    [W:0.021 / U:7.620 seconds]