Subjectsched_yield() options
I've seen a lot of discussion about how sched_yield is abused by
applications. I'm working with a developer on one application that looks
like it's falling into this same trap (mutexes between threads and using
sched_yield (or more precisely pthread_yield()) to let other threads get
the lock)

however I've been having a hard time tracking down the appropriate
discussions to forward on to the developer (both for why what he's doing
is bad, and for what he should be doing instead)

could someone point out appropriate mailing list threads, or other
documentation for this?

David Lang