SubjectRe: status of the ext3/jbd error handling enhancement patches
On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 10:13:31PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > #jbd-fix-error-handling-for-checkpoint-io.patch: double-check this
> > jbd-fix-error-handling-for-checkpoint-io.patch
> > ext3-add-checks-for-errors-from-jbd.patch
> > jbd-test-bh_write_eio-to-detect-errors-on-metadata-buffers.patch
> >
> > They improve filesystem corruption problem and it is needed by
> > mission critical systems.
> >
> > Could you tell me what is your concern (you commented, "double-check
> > this") ? Are there something that I can help? For example, I can
> > provide some SystemTap scripts to help tests.
>
> I forget my reasons for that - would need to go back and review the
> discussions when the patch was first merged.
>
> One of the above patches (I forget which) breaks the build because it
> expects the presence of Al Viro's VFS tree, and that hasn't been merged
> yet. I need to wait and see if that merge will be happening (seems
> unlikely) and if not, rework the patch against mainline.

Strange; I don't recall any of the ext4 variants of the error handling
patches requiring Al's VFS tree. And I thought all of them have been
merged into Linus's tree at this point.

Kawai-san, could you double check and see if I processed all of your
patches and pushed them to Linus? I was pretty sure I had...

- Ted

  Last update: 2008-10-20 14:45    [W:0.051 / U:0.124 seconds]