    SubjectRe: [git pull] agp patches for 2.6.28-rc1.
    Date
    Hi,

    On Monday 20 October 2008 04:19:07 you wrote:
    > On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 03:58 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
    > > Its basically only this, right?
    > > Barring that I have absolutely idea about the code and all related stuff,
    > > do I see it correct, that this also will result in problems if the kernel
    > > doesn't have the related fix?
    > Yes, on this hardware, the kernel is smashing the last few stolen
    > entries with a bad value, so running a new driver against an old kernel
    > will fail as well. There's not a lot we can do about this direction
    > though; until we have all of this hardware management in one place,
    > we're stuck trying to synchronize fixes across two code bases.
    Ugly situation. So the distribution can't really do anything, because it will
    get locked either way.

    > > If its really only a that small portion of hardware... At least the
    > > T500/T400 series, containing the same hw as mine, from Lenovo propably is
    > > not yet really wide spread (Laptop is 4weeks old or so and wasn't
    > > available before).
    > I haven't even received my x200s yet as they've just entered production.
    > The problem here was that the prototype hardware had a different
    > behavior than what is now shipping, so we didn't catch this mistake
    > until the first production machines were tested.
    Life is fun.

    > If you care to try the above fix against your current driver sources,
    > that would be helpful for us.
    Will do so tomorrow morning, its 4am here ;-) and I finished the work I had to
    do tonight...

    Greetings,

    Andres

      Last update: 2008-10-20 04:29    [W:0.022 / U:31.384 seconds]