    SubjectRe: section mismatch with a platform driver
    On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Gilad Ben-Yossef
    <> wrote:
    > Can't be sure without seeing the whole picture, but the most probable
    > solution is to drop that __init from the probe function. It's seems wrong as
    > in theory the probe function can be called at any time in the life of the
    > kernel, not just in this module init, even if in practice this will never
    > happen, as I suspect is the case with such a platform driver.

    Yes, thanks, removing that macro did make the warning go away.
    That's weird because I was using other in-tree drivers as a template for this,
    and they don't have this section mismatch problem...

    > Gilad
    > --
    > Gilad Ben-Yossef Chief Coffee Drinker
    > Codefidence Ltd.
    > The code is free, your time isn't.(TM)
    > Web:
    > Email:
    > Office: +972-8-9316883 ext. 201
    > Fax: +972-8-9316885
    > Mobile: +972-52-8260388
    > The Doctor: Don't worry, Reinette, just a nightmare. Everyone
    > has nightmares. Even monsters from under the bed have nightmares,
    > don't you, monster?
    > Reinette: What do monsters have nightmares about?
    > The Doctor: Me!

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-10-13 13:15    [W:0.024 / U:33.896 seconds]