    SubjectCrypto Update for 2.6.28
    Hi Linus:

    Here is the crypto update for 2.6.28:

    The highlight of this batch is the new run-time self-test framework
    for algorithms. This reorganises the same tests that we've always
    had such that they're run at algorithm registration time so that
    only algorithms passing the tests of their type are made available
    to users. Hopefully that means people won't be sending me any
    more algorithm updates that fail these tests :)

    Apart from that a new algorithm type for random number generators.
    The only two algorithms in that type are the existing kernel RNG
    plus a PRNG based on AES. This is used by IPsec for IV generation.

    We also have a new implementation of CRC32c that uses the Intel
    instruction for CRC32c.

    Adrian Bunk (1):
    crypto: Kconfig - Replace leading spaces with tabs

    Austin Zhang (1):
    crypto: crc32c - Use Intel CRC32 instruction

    Herbert Xu (10):
    crypto: api - Export crypto_alg_lookup instead of __crypto_alg_lookup
    crypto: api - Display larval objects properly
    crypto: tcrypt - Avoid using contiguous pages
    crypto: tcrypt - Abort and only log if there is an error
    crypto: tcrypt - Add alg_test interface
    crypto: cryptomgr - Add test infrastructure
    crypto: api - Use test infrastructure
    crypto: cryptomgr - Test ciphers using ECB
    crypto: skcipher - Move IV generators into their own modules
    crypto: skcipher - Use RNG interface instead of get_random_bytes

    Neil Horman (2):
    crypto: api - Add fips_enable flag
    crypto: rng - RNG interface and implementation

    arch/x86/crypto/Makefile | 2
    arch/x86/crypto/crc32c-intel.c | 197
    crypto/Kconfig | 127
    crypto/Makefile | 12
    crypto/algapi.c | 147
    crypto/algboss.c | 300 +
    crypto/ansi_cprng.c | 417 +
    crypto/api.c | 81
    crypto/blkcipher.c | 29
    crypto/chainiv.c | 44
    crypto/cryptomgr.c | 222
    crypto/eseqiv.c | 35
    crypto/fips.c | 27
    crypto/internal.h | 18
    crypto/krng.c | 66
    crypto/proc.c | 57
    crypto/rng.c | 126
    crypto/seqiv.c | 27
    crypto/tcrypt.c | 1347 -----
    crypto/testmgr.c | 1868 +++++++
    include/crypto/internal/rng.h | 26
    include/crypto/internal/skcipher.h | 6
    include/crypto/rng.h | 75
    include/linux/crypto.h | 35

    Thanks,
    Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

      Last update: 2008-10-10 09:11    [W:0.027 / U:1.556 seconds]