    SubjectRe: XFS filesystem corruption on the arm(el) architecture
    Dave Chinner wrote:
    > Adding to the cc list so all the XFS folk see this.
    > On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 10:38:22PM +0200, Tobias Frost wrote:
    >> (Note: Please CC me, as I am NOT on the lkml!!)
    >> Some time ago, I discovered some problems with xfs. Unfortunatly, I had
    >> no time diving into it. However, some weeks ago some other people
    >> running debian on ARM machines confirmed the problem on their machines
    >> starting at [1], so I think it is appropitate to at least report it.
    >> It has also been seen on 2.6.27-rc4 [2].
    >> summary: the xfs partition corrupts almost immediatly after creation. I
    >> had the impression, that the first unlink (rm) causes the corruption,
    >> but this might be just an impression.
    >> During the tests I made, I conserved a image of the corrupted filesystem
    >> which I can make available on request (it's 26 Mbyte, gzipped).
    >> Please let me know how I can assist you in finding the problem.
    >> [1]
    >> [2]
    >> Best regards,
    >> Tobias Frost
    >> PS: Thank you for your great work!

    Ok, actually: first - sorry for the scattershot replies. I thought
    userspace was updated earlier, but:

    xfsprogs-2.10.1 (5 September 2008)...
    - Add packed on-disk shortform directory for ARM's old ABI, thanks to
    Eric Sandeen.

    and the original kernel change:

    [XFS] Pack some shortform dir2 structures for the ARM old ABI
    Note that userspace needs a similar treatment, and any filesystems which
    were running with the previous rogue "fix" will now see corruption

    So perhaps as a first easy test, can you please re-test with
    xfsprogs-2.10.1 or newer.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-10-02 03:45    [W:0.033 / U:162.508 seconds]