SubjectRe: [RFC patch 0/3] signals: add rt_tgsigqueueinfo syscall V2
[CC+=linux-api@vger.kernel.org]

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> wrote:
> Changes vs. V1: compat_sys_rt_sigqueueinfo implemented. Thanks Roland !
>
> sys_kill has a counterpart sys_tgkill which allows to send signals to
> a particular thread. sys_rt_sigqueueinfo is lacking such a counterpart.
>
> Aside of the asymetry it is a show stopper for migrating applications
> from other unix-alike RTOSes.
>
> The following patch series implements rt_tgsigqueueinfo and hooks it
> up for x86.

This is an excellent candidate for CCing to the new linux-api@vger
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ltp/5658/), since it is an API
change.

> Find below the raw documentation.

Thanks -- I'll work that up into a man page when this gets closer to release.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/man-pages/man-pages.git

  Last update: 2008-10-01 17:01    [W:0.766 / U:0.616 seconds]